February 11, 2013

Ch-ch-ch-ch-Changes

Every once in a while, you look in the mirror and you realize, "Holy crap, I need a CHANGE."

I basically hadn't changed my hair since the twins were born. That's right, I've just been VERY occasionally trimming it and cleaning it up, growing my unruly mop of curls, for about four years.

I looked in the mirror and I said... no more.

So, I ran out into the world and I gave myself a makeover.

I got a new pair of glasses- my first new script in years. I got a new haircut- cut off about eighty percent of the stuff. And, I even tried dolling myself up in a nice new dress.  The effect?

I think I look pretty darn awesome, actually.


I'd still like to lose a LOT of weight, but at least I'm getting good at hiding the lumpy parts, if you know what I'm saying.

So now that I've got this awesome new look, M and I are going to be going out for Valentine's Day and have some child-free fun. But more importantly...

My job hunt has picked up quite a bit. To the point where I am confidently arranging Interview Outfits.

I'm feeling confident. I'm feeling anxious.

But I'm also feeling excited.

I think it's time for another chapter in the SuperMommy family story.

7 comments:

  1. You look awesome! Have you seen the blog "Girl with Curves"? The blogger is more pear-shaped than hourglass/top-heavy like myself (rocking some 32G boobies over here), but it's still a good place for curve-friendly outfit inspiration. http://girlwithcurves.com/

    By the way, my boyfriend (an old classmate/friend of yours) recommended your blog to me a year or two ago, and I've been reading ever since. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! Girl with Curves looks great. Thanks for the tip!

      And send my thanks to your boyfriend! I only know a few folk out there in Seattle, so I've narrowed it down to about two people it could be. Both of them are wonderful. <3

      Delete
    2. Ha! His initials are DM. :) And yes, I think he's pretty wonderful.

      Delete
  2. uhm OMG you look AMAZING!!!!!

    Good luck on the job hunt!! I am putting in applications as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look beautiful! I am in the middle of doing just this for myself. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look great! There is nothing better than feeling confident :) Best of luck on your job interviews!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You look amazing! Nothing better than a good old fashioned makeover to make you feel more confident! Good luck on your interviews! You'll do great!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Vote for me!

Visit Top Mommy Blogs To Vote For Me!