March 17, 2013

Sunday Blogaround - 3.17.2013

Hello, and welcome to another edition of the Blogaround!

I'm afraid this week's roundup is a little brief- we had a minor family medical emergency here at Casa SuperMommy. Which you'll hear all about in due course. That said, it seems that minor family medical emergencies (and, sorry to say, not so minor) seem to be a theme this week.



"Six Things They Didn't Teach Me in School" - The Spin Cycle
This. sounds. awful.
Fortunately, the Desperate Housemommy shares a philosophy with me- if it's going to going to be funny, it's going to be okay. Seems that her brood will be just fine.


"In Praise of Mark" - Short Fat Dictator
First of all, Short Fat Dictator looks AWESOME! Just had to say it- she may want to can the title and go for Short Chic Dictator. Moving on. Despite her concerns, I'm certain that CPS isn't posting a warning sign about a crappy mom on her doorpost any time soon.


"Boy Pink Shoes" - Don't Mind the Mess
This little boy wanted pink shoes. And why not? I love the way that his mother tells this story, and I love the lessons she's trying to teach. Like being true to yourself and ignoring bullies. What an awesome family!


"Pinterest & Body Shame" - A North Star in an Eastern Sky
Good on you, Kate! This blogger writes about the flip side of the fitness obsession on Pinterest. I want to look good in a bathing suit as much as the next gal, but there are more than one ways to do that, you know?


The Family Pants"Stick Together, You Two" - The Family Pants
I think I have something in my eye. I have a cold. I'm thinking about something else that was really really really sad or something. It has nothing to do with this blog post. You just go ahead and read it.


"The One Where She Talks About Joining a Cult" - Life With A Parasite
As an urban mother who has recently joined the same cult, I completely get this. And our pantry and freezer have AMAZING AND MAGICAL things in them. All hail the Leader.


"'Evil' Lawyer Who Lept From Building with Infant Left 13 Page Suicide Note" - Gawker
Now, this isn't a blog post. This is about a news story- a real story. And it breaks my heart. My heart breaks for the baby, who miraculously survived. My heart breaks for the husband, who finds himself a widower. And most of all, my heart breaks for this woman. I know what PPD is like, and I know how horrible this woman's last months must have been- how consumed with misery and fear and guilt she must have felt. And while I am more grateful than I can say that I never sunk so low, I pity her. And I weep for her. And my heart goes out to all the women suffering through PPD and PPP who see stories like this and only take away the comments about what a monster she must have been. Having thoughts like this doesn't make you a monster, it makes you ill. Seek help. It's out there.



And now, I will leave you with this wonderful video. It's also not really a blog post, but it's marvelous. And it tells a story of a family, and what that family wants most. It warmed my heart in ways I can't even say.



Sheila and Jeremy Want to Adopt from Bum Bul Bee on Vimeo.

1 comment:

  1. I have to be honest, I can't wait to check these out when I find some time!! Thanks for the info!! Maybe you'll like my blog too?

    http://mystayathomemamalife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Vote for me!

Visit Top Mommy Blogs To Vote For Me!