December 4, 2014

The Big Book of Parenting Tweets

I was given an advance copy of the book, and all the opinions are my own
I love twitter.

I do, I really enjoy the challenge. Not that you'd know it from some of my longer posts, but brevity? That's something I really appreciate. It takes skill.

There's an old Samuel Johnson quote: "I'm sorry I'm writing you a long letter, I didn't have time to write you a short one."

I actually spend a fair amount of my non-blogging writing time writing haiku.

But one thing that twitter (usually) has over books of haiku? It's hilarious.

This little book is a treasure trove of 140 character levity. I was that weird combination of lucky and ridiculously unfortunate to catch one of the billion bugs swarming through the kids' preschool, and that gave me ample time to curl up and read this thing- including every single bio. Because it's that hilarious.

It should be noted though, that this might not be advisable. Apparently, the sound of my guffawing outloud through my sinus congestion reminded the children of the baboons in their Planet Earth dvds, and I may have set off a minor panic as they scoured the house for hidden exotic pets.

I've been enjoying the tweeted humor of many of the contributors for some time, but now they're ALL on my feed.

In addition to what is essentially a brilliant collection of parenting one-liners, the brilliant minds of Science of Parenthood illustrated some of the tweets. And it's comedy gold.


I'd say The Big Book of Parenting Tweets has joined my incredibly short list of go-to gifts for new parents. It's a great book to keep in the diaper bag, or, if you're the rare parent who actually gets to pee alone, in the bathroom.

Because let's be honest, when you're a new parent, 140 characters is about all you have time for anyway.

You can buy the book on Amazon, and you should. Buy it for everyone you know. Either in solidarity or as a cautionary tale.

Happy Reading!

3 comments:

  1. The global Air Quality Monitoring System Market is projected to reach USD 6.0 billion by 2025 from USD 4.3 billion in 2019, at a CAGR of 5.6%. The major factors driving the growth of the AQMS market include the supportive government regulations for effective air pollution monitoring and control associated with the rising levels of air pollution, initiatives towards the development of environment-friendly industries, and increasing public awareness related to the environmental and healthcare implications of air pollution. Based on the product, the market is segmented into indoor monitors (comprising fixed and portable monitors), outdoor monitors (comprising fixed, portable, dust, and particulate monitors as well as AQM stations), and wearable monitors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sodium lauryl ether sulfate, or SLES for short, is an anionic detergent and surfactant that can often be found in several personal care products like soaps, shampoos, toothpaste, etc.

    sles manufacturing plant

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Vote for me!

Visit Top Mommy Blogs To Vote For Me!