April 9, 2010

Becoming Supermommy


I always knew I wanted to be a mom. As a very small child, my parents feared that my preschool teachers were brainwashing me. IT got so disconcerting, my assertion that all I wanted was to be a mommy, that they finally resolved to have a TALK with my teacher. When they arrived, the first words out of her mouth were, "I'm concerned that your daughter doesn't understand all of her options..."

Yes, I knew from day one. During my wild early twenties, my friends used to joke that I ran a halfway house for wayward orphans. I collected homeless or otherwise needy young people and gave them food, shelter, and the occasional medical treatment.

So when my husband and I decided to go ahead and start a family... well... it was the most natural thing in the world.

Except when it wasn't.

So here I am, the mother of six month old twin girls. Determined to be a 21st century post-modern feminist Donna Reed. Impossible? Perhaps. So here is my grand experiment- turning babies into people I can admire and respect.

And in the meantime, trying desperately to keep my house semi-sanitary, compose my cookbook, and strike it rich with my brilliant costuming and painting.

...that is, if I get enough of a break from changing diapers and wiping noses.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Vote for me!

Visit Top Mommy Blogs To Vote For Me!