September 30, 2012

Sunday Blogaround - 9.30.2012

Welcome to another edition of the Blogaround!

Is is weird that I still have a hard time remembering that it's not 2011?  After all, it's almost October.  I should have this down by now.

And I had a baby this year!  I know RH was born in 2012.  Why is it eternally 2011 in my brain?  Well, that will probably correct itself sometime in March, when I will grudgingly enter 2012, and the confusion will begin again.

Enjoy the week's best of!



"Bullied" - Buried with Children
This post just broke my heart.  I feel so bad for her kid, I feel the same worries for my own singleton... every word resonated with me.  I don't know the answer.  But I'm glad her son has a mom like her on his side, keeping her eye on him and ready to help.


"She Looks Just Like Her Daddy" - Finding My New Normal
Another heartbreaker.


The Crafting Hobbit
Every year, something like this happens.  And every year. it pisses off Irene to no end.  And with GOOD REASON.  Iriene (aka the Crafting Hobbit) is about to undergo an elective double mastectomy because she carries genetic markers that make it very likely that she will get breast cancer.  So this issue?  Pretty personal to her.


Although I can think of quite a few "real" writers who would disagree with the title of this blog, I'll let it pass.  This was HILARIOUS.  And a perfect example of why some people really aren't equipped to be parents.  No children were harmed in the making of this blog post.  Well, unless you count the author.  :)


"It's Not You, It's Me" - Writing, Wishing
I could have written this.  Really.  There has been so much yelling, so many threats... I've felt absolutely awful about it.  And it's NOT the girls' fault... it's me.  I know that.


"Missing You" - Try Defying Gravity
This mama doesn't write about her oldest son very often, usually her energy is directed towards her younger children, who are on the spectrum.  But this post about her oldest, and her father, and current events...  It's just beautiful.


"Goodbyes" - The Spin Cycle
It's just heartbreak week over here.  I remember when I lost my childhood pet... my cat, Nosey... well, that's the reason I ended up adopting our psychopathic furry (who is doing great living with my parents, these days).  Nobody loves like a pet.


"I Wish I Could Have Had An Abortion... Paula's Story" - Pro Choice Truth
I'm guessing that, from the title of both the blog and the post, you already know how you feel about this.  More in the realm of my week of heartbreak posts.  This may in fact be the saddest story I have ever heard.  It's definitely in the top ten.


"Pee-oo Stinky Feet and Other Good Jokes" - Happy Hippie Homemaker
Now that I've completely ruined your weekend with all of these beautifully written and heartwrenching tales, allow me to bring you back up again, with this gem from Rachel.  To quote a friend, "Totes adorbs."

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Vote for me!

Visit Top Mommy Blogs To Vote For Me!