June 15, 2012

Nope- still pregnant

We've been busy.
...is what I'm considering changing my voicemail message to.

I know I didn't post today.  We didn't do anything exciting.  I spent a lot of time laying down and being miserable.

Baby X is posterior, past due, and probably a giant of a baby.

...this means that whenever she kicks, on top of my stomach looking as though an alien is about to burst through, I suddenly have a terrible flu.

Fluid rushes behind my eyes, my ears, and my throat, and I lose my voice.

That, and the pain is excruciating.

So... still pregnant.  Sorry.

Here's a quick visual recap of what we've been doing since the week before this baby has been totally ready to evacuate my uterus:

I graduated from college
We went to the Children's Museum on Navy Pier

We went for a cruise down the Chicago River

M graduated with his Master's

I had a baby shower

We went to a baseball game

We visited with Great-Grandmommy and Great-Granddaddy

We saw Jonathan Richman at Millennium Park

We went to the Chicago Botanic Gardens

We went to the Museum of Science and Industry

We went to Margie's Candies

We went bowling

We went to the beach

We went to the bumpy slide

We went to Indian Boundary Park

I achieved approximately the size and shape of a bloated, dead Beluga whale

Have a happy Father's Day weekend, lovely readers!

Hopefully by Monday morning, Baby X will be here and I can quit complaining.  :)

5 comments:

  1. Dang woman! Right before I popped out a baby I think the most I did was drag my butt to the bathroom. I am totally giving you a slow clap from my living room. You have blown me away lol I hope your sweet baby decides to make their grand entrance very very soon :)

    ~Mama Pants
    www.theadventuresofthefamilypants.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ME TOO!
      And thanks! We wouldn't have managed all this activity if it weren't for the immeasurable contributions of the grandparents in the area of grubling wrangling. :)

      Delete
  2. Wow, you have been busy! It is so good for the girls and you! Hope everything goes well with your delivery and you and baby are healthy and happy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you've been having some fun with your two girls before the baby comes- congrats on your graduation and good luck with your new addition.

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW. That is the most pregnant anyone been ever. Loving this blog, lady!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Vote for me!

Visit Top Mommy Blogs To Vote For Me!